Much new to report. Spent the past two weekends working aboard without cracking a sail!
I found that the "as-new/mfgr refurb" smart charger purchased was defunct and drawing down the new battery. The Interstate dealer deep charged the bat and pronounced it intact and fine. The factory rep said the charger was definitely bad and to replace it. The purveyor of said charger balked a bit about the one day over warranty; but ended up coming thru with a new unit; still to arrive.
Last trip I, discovered a severe crack in the bowl of the head. I decided to replace rather than repair and so ordered a new JABSCO via E-Bay for only $155 delivered!
Installation should have been a quick swap-out; but the corroded lag screws had other plans for me. An hour and several Dremel slicer discs later; the new one was in and operating.
The premier event of the w/e was the installation of the new folding table hanger cabinet. I laid it out and measured last weekend and during the week, spent about 8 hours total assembling the shelves and carcass. A bit of teak stain and she's good-to-go. Clearing out the cabin to make room to work was a challenge! Once cleared, I test fitted the unit and found the top port corner was tight due to cabin top and side curve. A few minutes with the plane soon trimmed it to fit. Eight zip-screws and she was in!
Re-hinging the table tops was a circus of flip/flop/turn/try. Once settled and the hinges refastened, it was done. I affixed the hinged gate leg....amazingly the right length at first whack w/o needing a trim or padding! and VOILA! Seating for four that folds away into it's own shelf and hides he vid screen (yet to be added), guards the glassware and coffee cups and stows the adult beverages, charting tools and books.
The one old fella that lives at the slips is a part time sign maker. As a "welcome aboard" gift, he ginned up a new name vinyl and home port sticky. An hour or so of picking a matching (almost) font and a quick cut/print, it was done. Old sign painter's "ink" is sure hard ta remove!
Only a couple spots peeked out from under the new vinyl, so I elected to sand and buff off the offending remnants. Affixing the new lettering straight was an interesting chore from the RIB bobbing about. Cut from bits'n'bobs of leftover material; I was astounded to find the blue was a perfect match for the original Watkins Navy blue! Now to replicate the sheer stripe logo
I ascended the mast half way to suss out the non functioning mast-head light. I "chickened out" and used an extension ladder that *just* made the spreader bars. Lashed well at the base and top, I only had to remind the the friend aboard to stay put!
The bulb was good and the fixture was useable. Seems there's and interruption in power somewhere along the way to the mast! A complete re-wire is probably easier then trying to track down the break. Next weekend! Port/Starboard fwd running lites are now working; but the flip-about part of my multi-funtion screwdriver is now in Davey Jones' possession. Use it in good health Davey!
Always more to do!