SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #4125 of Old 05-21-2013 Thread Starter
VK 35 an unexpected boat.

This one is a very interesting boat in several counts, unusual also in what regards material, building techniques and even regarding the place were it is built, not to mention a not named NA.

The VK is a Swedish firm, the design office is in Sweden the yard in Poland but the prefabrication of the construction aluminum alloy is done in the Netherlands (where some of the better naval work in aluminium is made).

Regarding the type of yacht it is not the type of yachts that is associated with aluminium boat building. The Yacht seems very fast, very seaworthy with a great stability curve and an unusual frame structure that seems just great to me. This is not a hull and a cabin welded together but a single structure, like an airplane, a mono-bloc.

The bulb is lead and the foil is solid aluminium machined from a block.

The boat is a bit odd in what regards light openings that are on the small side. That has to do with that unusual boat structure but even so I kind of like it. A very strong and fast boat for a guy that likes to go fast and travel to faraway places in a small boat in a kind of spartan way but also wants to make some racing. I doubt that it will be a market big enough for it and it is a pity. They have projects for bigger boats but on those the small openings just don't make sense.

Windward balance point at RM30:27,6kNm.....Yaw = 5.3 degrees.....V wind = 17.4knot......V hull = 7.4knots

VK35 Technical data
Length overall = 10,6m
Length at waterline = 10,45m
Beam overall = 3,5m
Beam at waterline = 2,6m
Depth at midsection = 3,4m
Free board at midsection = 1,3m
Draft = 2,17m
Displacement = 5160kg
Ballast = 1600kg
Engine M3.28 20kW (27.2hp)
Mainsail area = 38.5m2
Genoa area = 36.7m2
Spinnaker area = 110m2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 05-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome