SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mantus Anchors NEWS: anchor sizing tool
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013

Mantus Anchors is on a distinguished road
Re: Mantus Anchors NEWS: anchor sizing tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Med,

the article kinda states similar findings issues as you did. In deeper water, the chain wt at shorter scopes could start being an advantage. Shallower water not so much.

Hence the, not sure there is a proper always right way to anchor per say. Just as the weight of the anchor is not always the correct way to look at things too. IE an aluminum fortress when you look at the sq inch of the flukes vs a steel one, the aluminum when set will hold as well as a steel one! Not that I want a fortress style around here........have a heck of a time setting them, vs the other styles. ALong with they do not always reset with tide changes.

I'm also sure a mantus would do great size appropriatly. I do know of one fellow living on ahook in bellingham with a mantus. He complained initially on FB. But with his track record of being ont he hard with a fail anchor system of differenet sorts and reasons........not sure the initial issue he had was the design etc of the anchor! Might be more of a human issue side of things! Not sure what he is hooked up to at the moment.

Marty
Marty can you show me the link regarding the complaint on FB, because we did not have a single customer say nothing but praise. I would want to address this customers issues...
Greg