SailNet Community - View Single Post - Young people and adventure
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013

hillenme is on a distinguished road
Re: Young people and adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys05 View Post
I think right now I feel about the same about jobs as northoceanbeach does about kids. I've got a job, and sure, the steady income is nice. Its definitely all about living for the weekend and the scarce vacations though. I acknowledge my bias in that I don't particularly LIKE my job and am certainly not fulfilled by it.
Wow, we do have a lot in common, haha. Especially when I first started my job it was all living for the weekend. Even now I am still 1 year away from getting 19 days off a year instead of the 14 I get now - throw in a doctors apointment, apartment search, etc and pretty quickly you get 10 or 12 days to see the world outside your office. I've used that time to bareboat in all the Windward Islands and BVI, horseback ride along the burren in Ireland - some amazing stuff, but in the corporate enviroment in a position with no travel, you often feel like you are craming all your real living into 10 days a year... Ridding yourself of unneeded material possessions is a good start. I traded in owning a car for my boat, since I can buy a monthly Chicago Transit pass for $80 and not spend another dime on transportation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook