SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tasmania - She even has a Wombat Cove!
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Tasmania - She even has a Wombat Cove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvicola-amphibius View Post
TDW my boat 'Ca Va' ..... snip ......

Maybe I should not be spruiking the place so enthusiastically. It will be swamped with blow-ins and I am now so used to having anchorages all to myself....
We moor our girl in the Lane Cove River (Sydney) and since doing so I've also noticed a drop off in accumulated hull grunge. Cold water ? Maybe. I've put it down to the volume of fresh water coming down the river.

Huon River is a nice place to be but if we move boat down to Tassie then I suspect we'd want closer to Hobart.

As for spruiking .... yep .... shut up for heaven's sake please. Seriously, Tassie is such a gobsmackingly beautiful place, possibly the best and freshest produce in the country, certainly the cleanest air and other than a couple of dodgey mining and forestry sites the cleanest water as well. Thankfully it is also effing cold and damp at times which keeps the riff raff in Queensland.

cheers

Andrew B

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook