SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't read this unless you have time . .
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Don't read this unless you have time . .

Fact is that like jon pointed out electronics are cheap. I mean I remember the time where for crossing oceans you should have a MF/HF marine radio and the price of one of those and the space it required?

The price of transmitting and receiving information (safety one) is lower than in the past and the efficiency much bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatako View Post
I had a system of instruments on my boat that sort of talked to each other and provided a cool piece of info – true windspeed! It calculated this by vectoring the boat speed, wind direction and speed. Great stuff. We never used that info for anything but wasn’t it great to know?
Regarding this kind of stuff, well today is not different from the past, even more inviting to have peaces of equipment that we never use. I am still trying to figure out how to get an useful use of some electronic gimmicks that come last year with my boat. They seem to be great, I read the manuals, operate them, they work, and the mext time I try to use them again, three weeks later, I have to read the manual again because I forget about how to use the damn thing. Must be getting older

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook