SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't read this unless you have time . .
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Re: Don't read this unless you have time . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
So, if the officials won't allow you to leave New Zealand for that world cruise, I guess you have a couple options. You could sneak out of the harbor one night, under the cloak of darkness, and maybe, just maybe, you might successfully circumnavigate the globe and make it back alive. Then again, you just might not. Gary
Hey Gary, the point I guess that I was trying to make is that we're being coerced by journos and in my case forced by authorities to have stuff that we don't see as necessary.

As far as sneaking out goes, this is obviously not possible even if it was a good idea because the very first thing any arrival port is going to ask for is the departure documentation from your last port. So unless you are happy to sail non-stop around the world and see nothing but ope sea, sneaking out is not an option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook