SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't read this unless you have time . .
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Don't read this unless you have time . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzzMonkey View Post
No doubt this will be true at some point, but right now, what I hear far more of on the radio are accidental EPIRB activations! Must be at least one a week around these parts in the summer.

DISCLOSURE: I use a SPOT regularly, although friends and family have been well-briefed not to contact emergency services if it goes dark for a while.

That said, I like the fact that it offers that sort of fail-safe option, in that it may generate a false alarm, but at least there WILL BE an alarm if something goes wrong, unlike what could happen with an EPIRB in similar circumstances...
How the hell do you have an accidentals EPIRB activation? I have one! It doesn't go off by accident. Sits in a damned case that cannot go off. BS!!! There are idiots everywhere.

And here we go back to the damned seamanship argument...

Do you know, no kidding, in marathon there is a pan-pan every day! Usually many times a day and multiples.

B

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook