SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013

Location: S/V Waltzing Matilda, Port Ludlow, WA (NW Puget Sound)
wolfenzee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

the solutions presentled to me for of my problems often are preceeded with "Why don't you just buy....." example, the new mainsail mentioned is 20-25% my annual income (and of course I would have to get a full suit of sails to match), the fix for the drag from my 16x9 three bladed prop is even more, an asymmetrical spinnaker is close, because my cockpit isn't bristling with techno gadgets and gizmos it was suggested I spend $5000 before I think about going anywhere, someone else insisted I needed a $4000 20gph watermaker.......
the words NEED & WANT are often confused....if we wait till we get everything we want that we think we need.....we will never leave the dock.....If you sit down and figure what you actually need, then add what you can to that you can sail away. I believe it was the Pardey's that said "Go simple go now".....I am not saying go so bare bones you are uncomfortable, I am just saying take a look at what is really necessary.

Last edited by wolfenzee; 05-23-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook