SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
M.a.t. 10.10

what an ugly name for a nice boat. The boat deserved a nice name, it is a Mills design made in Turkey, not very expensive for the overall quality and very fast. It is one of those cruiser racers that is more utilized for racing than for cruising but that has an nice interior and allows a family to have some nice cruising time.

The more limiting factor is the stove that is quite light and small but I am sure they will mount a better and heavier one if required.

The hull has some resemblances with the one from the Elan 400 and some differences being the two major ones being more "tendue" (because it is proportionally lighter) and the transom design with the Elan having the beam more brought back. Regarding the transom I am not sure that if Mills designed the boat now and not in 2010, it will not be a bit note close to the Elan's one but not much because this boat is pointed at top crew that whose main concern is a fast boat even if more difficult to sail.

Regarding the Elan I would love to see that boat with the same proportion of Displ/length and the same B/D ratio as the M.A.T. 10.10 with the hull a bit less deep and more "tendue", I mean with about 6000kg of displacement. I think the boat would be a knock down. I like more the Elan transom and the way the rocker is dealt on the aft part of the hull. It would give a boat that would plan almost as soon as the Pogo, with a superior upwind sailing performance, more comfortable and even if not as easy to sail downwind, easy enough for solo or short crew sailing. Kind of an ideal performance cruiser for me.

Another major difference is the B/D ratio that is much bigger on this boat (51%) and weight (4250kg) that is also proportionally much less, specially if we consider the big ballast. A very powerful boat and also one that will plane with a lot less wind than the Elan 400.

A very nice boat for the ones that want to race at top levell and arrive among the first, surrounded by bigger boats and want also to do some family cruising, not an extensive one without modifications on the boat (Tankage and stove) but nothing difficult to add if needed.

Here we can see one on the last "Semaine de Porquerolles", a French classic raced some days ago. It sails well and fast, no doubt about that

http://mat.com.tr/uploads/mat-1010-brochure.pdf

http://mat.com.tr/uploads/mat-1010-spec-0212.PDF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 05-24-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook