View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: My Horror Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Nice attempt at moral relativism.

So are you equating your desire to have a boat with a woman's biological drive to have a child? I know a lot of women who would be very offended by that.
Rick,

Leave the guy alone. He craves drama and attention ( look at the title of the thread) . Look t the dramatic references in the first post. my god i hought he eas going to die. Once you give him that attention he minimizes his experience. he listens to what he listens to as long as he agrees with you.

Rck , ever run into a bridge? Rick, ever not chart the tides and currents where you go on your river let alone an 80 miles trip out the inlet into the ocean. Rick ever even make a small trip with a suspect motor. These are the simplest of safety measures. Unwilling to get even the smallest amount of insurance shows his regards for others.

Clearly he has positive drive for adventure. That's o be commended. Coupled with his knowledge there will be a long learning experience here I predict. Some people listen to others so as not to repeat thir mistakes. Some must make the mistake hemselves to learn. It's all in the way we learn. Hopefully he has fun and doesn't hurt anyone else in the process.

Eventually he will do fine. It's obvious he doesn't want our advice as we are to cautious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook