SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser2B View Post
Well. I needed a new holding tank, one was stinkin and only 6 gallons, decided to take advantange of available space so I made one. New one holds 14 gallons and still fits in same location as old one

All said and done I had about $110.00 including hose, fittings and materials.

I posted quite a few pics on my blog, here is the link....i hate resizing pics

Adventures of Salacia: Crap!.

so far it holds water just fine

This is so awesome!!! I've been recently figuring how to re-arrange all the tankage in my boat and the only things standing in my way right now are the cost of fabricating new stainless water tanks and the time and effort required to design and commission them.

While your tank might give you years of service, and there are some production boats that have wood/glass holding tanks I wouldn't trust my nonexistent epoxy skills to build a tank to hold diesel or poop. Lucky for me, the only tanks I need built (or to build) at this point are water tanks.

If one of them leaks it won't be catastrophic because the water is harmless, I'll have the ship's water supply decided across at least 2 tanks, and the tanks you've shown us are easily repairable!

Nicely done! I have once built a small boat out of plywood and glass, and it successfully kept water out.... so I can probably build something similar to keep water in.

Great idea! Thanks! (this'll also help me get more confident with glass work)

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook