SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another America’s Cup entry destroyed
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Another America’s Cup entry destroyed

Yes, they are right:

14. PROTOCOL AMENDMENTS
14.1. GGYC and the Challenger of Record may amend this Protocol with the approval of a majority of the Competitor Forum.

It remains to be known who will have a right to vote since the ones that give up will not have that right. If Luna Rossa and Artemis will go out of the race it will remain on the NZ hands the right to accept any modification.

Anyway, it is clear to me that the boats are incredible but the development and costs are too high to make this one the right format.

I believe the major error was to make two different boats, one for the series, other for the America's cup. That inflated costs. It would have been more interesting in what regards the number of teams to have all, series and AC, raced on the same boat )maybe a 60ft boat) like it used to happen with the mono-hulls.

That way the boats could have a racing future outside the AC cup and be used on other series or types of races, like the previous boats. I can't see what future these AC 72 will have outside the Cup. They are just not in enough number and are too expensive to maintain or repair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook