SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2013 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Yeah we notice the same thing as soon as we came through the bridge. 4.5 hours down the Bay. 6.5 back with the motor go figure

dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post
Sunday was the kind of sailing day that makes the frustrations of the winter and spring maintenance projects melt away and reminds you why you sail. It was really amazing. I don't think I've ever seen as many sailboats out on the bay and we felt really fortunate to be one of them.

Motoring back Monday was a little lumpy, especially just north of the Bay Bridge off Sandy Point. There were hundreds of sport fishing boats between there and the mouth of the Magothy zipping back and forth, stirring up the water like a washing machine. Still made pretty good time though considering the tide was running against us almost the whole way back up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook