SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cheap Classic Plastic smokes the fleet in 2013 Down the Bay Race
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Cheap Classic Plastic smokes the fleet in 2013 Down the Bay Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthemj24 View Post
Don't take the entries in one race and try to extrapolate that to all racing in the Chessy or US. There are a couple of J111s down there on the bay, and there was even a TP52 in this race. DTB is a long race that usually turns into a drift fest by morning, so a lot of boats don't do it. I am not even a Chessy racer and I know that.
Not me, It was James that said that was a major race. Fact is that besides the Farr 400 and the Tp52 there was not any modern racers on that race and not a single modern cruiser-racer. We cannot compare the performance of a 30 year old cruiser racer with the ones of modern ones if they are not racing there.

Besides, giving the absence of a decent fleet the chances that you would find a boat much better sailed than any other ( the Hobie 33 in this case) are big and that makes any boat comparison in what regards performance irrelevant.

If you have a major race with lots of top racers and lots of top boats the chances are that there will be several boats very well sailed and not only one and that makes much more relevant boat comparisons because we know that the boats were sailed by similarly skilled crews.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 05-29-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook