SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Probably the most beautiful 2013 boat: Pogo 40 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
He did not design yet many cruising boats but I bet that is going to change soon: French main boat builders have a tradition to have their boats designed by the best French NA with the best racing curriculum (in what regards designing boats) specially the ones that design solo racers whose experience is more useful in cruising boats that, like solo boats, should be easy to sail and as fast as possible with the limitations of price and a good cruising interior.
Paulo - Clearly this is the case, and even so for Beneteau, who enlisted Juan Kouyoumdjian (French/Argentinian, I believe) to design the latest First 30. Don't know if you've commented on that boat, but I don't think Beneteau have had much success with it. Not competitive under IRC (don't know about ORC), but I'm not sure how it has fared (if at all) in offshore competition. It's not that there isn't a market for these types of boats, but perhaps Beneteau customers are more conservative. Perhaps Jeanneau have had more success with the Sunfast 3200?

I'm still too infatuated with the Malango 9.99 and 1045 to get too worked up about the Pogo 40. Perhaps next week.