SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Things I don't like...

Do you guys saw what happened to OSTAR, once a great big race and the first solo Transat?

Single-Handed Trans-Atlantic Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now it is this:

Skipper Profiles | OSTAR 2013

Old men, old racing boats with the exception of an Open 50 (that has not impressed on major races) and a class 40 (with a 73 old skipper). The others are mostly just old boats, including a Formosa 42.

I have nothing against sailors amusing themselves racing, I love solo racing and any form of competition, even if it is with oneself, but can this be called an OSTAR race?

I mean, this is the race that once was won by some of the greatest skippers of their time on the fastest solo boats??!!!: Éric Tabarly, Geoffrey Williams, Alain Colas, Philip Weld, Yvon Fauconnier, Jean Yves Terlain, Loïck Peyron, Francis Joyon, Ellen MacArthur, Michel Desjoyeaux and Mike Golding all have won it on the most modern and fast racers of their time.....and now it is raced with 25 year old multihulls, Formosas, Saltram, Contessas and third rate skippers?

Please respect what was once a great race and the best of the best that won it and call this race anything else but OSTAR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 05-31-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook