SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bareboating in Spain: license requirements
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013
alex_sauvage alex_sauvage is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
alex_sauvage is on a distinguished road
Re: Bareboating in Spain: license requirements

You can "convert" you ASA 104 into "European / Mediterranean Chartering Certificates" which should be enough. Look at ASA website: International Sailing Proficiency Certification for Chartering from ASA
It cost ~40$, but probably worth it avoid problems.

Originally Posted by Jjg4 View Post
I understand that Spain has a license requirement for bareboating but I'm having trouble getting a definitive answer from the charter company on what qualifies as a "license." I am ASA 104 certified (Bareboat Cruising) and have skippered on monohulls up to 36'. I'm interested in chartering a monohull around 34' for 4 days.

Does anyone know if the ASA certification is recognized or have any experience with licensing in Spain (on the Med, around Costa Brava)?

Appreciate any advice.


Reply With Quote Share with Facebook