SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cockpit drain holes
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013

Baloo_it is on a distinguished road
Cockpit drain holes

Hello, my boat is an Invicta 26 MK1 (1967) the sister of the famous Contessa 26. My intention is to do a singlehanded ocean crossing with it.
My concern is about the safety of the cockpit. Now there is one little drain in the back; not enough to drain out a wave.
My intention is to add a couple of drain holes (2,5-3 inch each) but i have problems to figure out the best solution; because the boat have two berth under the cockpit (left and right) and there is no much space (engine, tank, impeller on the back of the engine). The measurements says that i have around 10cm from the bottom of the cockpit to the waterline and 35cm from the bottom of the cockpit to the hull.
The biggest concern is about the water coming in the cockpit going upwind. The ideal solution is to cross the pipes but is'not so easy.

Have anybody faced similar situation and wich could be alternatives?

Thanks
RUGGERO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook