SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interested in liveaboard vessels. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013

sailortrash is on a distinguished road
Re: Interested in liveaboard vessels. Advice?

There is a huge amount of boats in that price range. Make sure this is what you want. I realize that this is your dream but a lot of people have the same dream then realize that they made a very expensive mistake. Please do not take this as me discouraging you. I love the liveaboard lifestyle but it just is not for everyone. I also would say that you need to tour any boat you can. Head down to your local marinas and chat people up and ask for a tour even if you know you cannot afford some of them. you will get to see different layouts so you will better know what you want. Shop around online and read as much as you can about the boats that peak your interest. Ask around on forums such as this one. When you go look at any boat make sure you can lie down in the cockpit and in the salon. Try to go as small as you can live with. Keep in mind that this is a simple kind of life when it comes to belongings. Try to buy stuff that is light, multi-use, and compact. Good luck and happy shopping.
Jared
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook