SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Boat And Why
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road
Re: What Boat And Why

think all cruisers will answer their own boat or be actively looking for the "last boat". I just took delievery of my Outbound and write this as I'm flushing out the fresh water tanks. She is a total joy. Haven't slept on land since delievery. Features
wondeful sailor- averaged 8.3 and saw 11 9kt on trip up from Virginia. With solent, carbon pole, well thought out preventor system easy to stand solo watches. Went from single to double reef multiple times. With dutchman, single line reefing(low friction spec'd) reefing by yourself easy and not scary as you can do it from cockpit. Al winches powered. Interior a delight. Every thing your hand touches is solid teak. Been on 10 y.o. Outbounds and they look boat show new. 5 berths behind the mast and two in front. Although all berths have bungle boards or lee clothes found no need for them as off watch could always find a good place to sleep without them ( ran in 4-8'ers). More comfortable than my house. 200g water and 200g fuel placed under sole amidship. 800a house bank.Tanks fiberglass -epoxy coated inside and glassed to hull or integral to hull. 2 water, 4 fuel. No maintaince. No worries of corrossion like with metal tanks or cracking as with plastic. No keel bolts. Collision bulk 7' aft of bow. bow thusher tunnel forward of this bulkhead. We took nice hot showers during passage. Two heads. One for stateroom forward manual. One aft- electircal. Seperate large shower room with seperate drain. Two compressors one for frig on for freezer. AC and frig/freezer water cooled. Heat central hydronic webasto. Every detail perfect. every system reliable and low maintance. Throu hulls arranged with manifolds so less of them.I could go on for hours. Sorry it's just like I felt with my first true love except I know this one will last the rest of my life.