SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just beginning to shop around... would love feedback/ideas...
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013

bajaking is on a distinguished road
Re: Just beginning to shop around... would love feedback/ideas...

Hey Shadow,
Just stumbled on this thread. Your posts have been very helpful to a fellow bay area coder thinking about buying a small boat, probably also a c27, to liveaboard. Have had so many "yeah, but" reasons not to, but it's stories like yours that remind me it isn't a big deal. Just do it! Especially easy decision to try it, being a single renter in an overpriced rental market. Slowly moving my precious crap -- r.i.p., George Carlin -- to storage in preparation.
In fact, I was hoping to get a legal slip at the same marina you're in -- they still had a few liveaboard slots when I first checked during the winter -- but the lady on the phone says the waiting list is back up to a year. If you can share the magic trick to getting a legal spot, there are free docking & sailing lessons in it for you! I currently sail a smaller boat out of Alameda Marina.
Anyway, keep hacking. Oh, and if there are any pics of how your boat is setup, that'd be awesome. (picasa link from your early posts is broken).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook