SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 06-06-2013
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji

Originally Posted by debbiedragonfly View Post
really?? a quote from sailortrash: The reality is if you want truly experienced crew on short notice you have to pay for it 99.9 percent of the time. Costs vary from about 150 a day for a good experienced deck hand to 500 a day for a good captain.

I think maybe there are a lot of people who are commenting without reading the ENTIRE thread...
Ease up here. And oh by the way I have read the entire thread so spare me the haughty attitude

A sign of maturity is to filter through the comments without having to answer each one in a confrontational tone

It was you who posted on the internet. In doing that you should expect a certain amount of comments on your posts. When people comment and they don't share your opinion or give advice which doesn't agree with you to call them "haters"
how about we make a deal, you haters who think you know everything go get a lifedebbiedragnfly
is a bit much don't you think. That coupled with your argumentative tone to everyone and shows a lack of maturity. I would think three times about getting on a 50 ft. boat with some like that.

As far as the advice given by others, I would concur with it for the most part. Sounds to me like you want a few warm bodies who pay for themselves. You are acting like you are doing "crew" a favor by taking them. I have found by taking care of your crew shows appreciation and you get a different caliber person.

I would look at this posting carefully and pass for the following reasons. One paying for even their own food and two, your controlling attitude as evidenced here which I wouldn't want to sign on to do any passage with let alone the Pacific, even 150 miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S/V Haleakala (Hawaiian for" House of the Sun")
C&C 35 MKIII Hull # 76
Parkville, Maryland
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome