SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013

debbiedragonfly is on a distinguished road
Re: Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji

look.. I am just frustrated with people telling me I'm wrong to ask for crew and to hope they'd pay for their own food portion.. I didn't post to ask for advice... if I wanted it, I'd have put it in a different forum... I was looking for crew, plain and simple. If the people giving me advice weren't looking to crew... why were they there?? I contend it was to see their name on the screen and to puff up their own image of just how smart they are. I have seen multiple people mis-quote me and take things I say out of context... I am tired of having to defend my right to post.. of simply offering up someone a chance to to sail..their choice whether to take it or not... sorry, but I can't help but be sarcastic when I have been faced with nothing but people telling me I have to pay crew. I guess I just don't understand why... WHY do they have to bother even commenting.. why can't THEY be mature and leave the "crew" forum alone for the ones looking, and go post a "how to get the best crew ever" thread if they feel they have so much knowledge to pass along. Maybe then I wouldn't have felt attacked, and maybe yes I should have expected it.. but I didn't... this was my first posting here, and what a welcome to your communitity.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook