SailNet Community - View Single Post - US Yacht 25' - Are they as bad as they say?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: US Yacht 25' - Are they as bad as they say?

Bucc... Thanks... The condition of the boat was in great shape but the interior was tired looking especially the cushions... everything else was the usual maintenance issues 'all' boats have... I started sanding all the varnish from the sole as seen in the photo and it's all stripped and ready for several coats of varnish but have teak oil on the sole to keep water stains from discoloring the wood... other than the mouse hair as seen in the photo I plan on making vinyl headliners/vinyl sides to cover the multitude of screws and bolts protruding the deck... might lose 1/2" of headroom but I can live with that... My biggest joy was getting rid of the Origo stove and adding the induction stove thereby getting rid of any fire sources... adding a shower would be nice but not really necessary if there are marina facilities... here is the starboard cushions I made.

There is a website for our US Yachts by one of the former Sailnet members but it is inactive for some time since he and his wife are in Japan.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook