SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interested in liveaboard vessels. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013

SailorBrett is on a distinguished road
Re: Interested in liveaboard vessels. Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortrash View Post
Make sure this is what you want. I realize that this is your dream but a lot of people have the same dream then realize that they made a very expensive mistake. Please do not take this as me discouraging you.
Jared
This is solid advice, and something that I'm glad people on here are willing to give. Realistically I guessed that following my desire for a liveaboard lifestyle would cost at least about $1000/mo for slip fees, loan, electricity, insurance, pump outs, maintenance and upgrades, and sure enough after running the numbers (depending on what marina I look at) the numbers ran up anywhere from 1065 at its cheapest to just under 1400 at the most expensive, and that was for a boat that didn't have all the features I wanted.

Luckily for me, I'll be getting a couple pay raises in the near future that will enable this lifestyle comfortably

Thank you everyone for the solid advice. I'll be taking some of that advice in the near future to visit the marina and scout out some boats.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook