SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
Hartley,

Whenever I think about the Folkboat, this story always comes to mind. .....
Quote:
Hartley,

You asked about how 'Indian' sailed. A little over a year ago, someone was thinking of buying the old girl from her then current owner and he wrote to me about her. Here is the write up on her that I wrote for him. It tells the whole story.
Thanks, Jeff - a great read and I do appreciate you posting it. Sailing my old girl, I can completely relate to what you wrote and could not have said it better myself:

Quote:
I fear this all sounds way more negative than my true feelings about this boat. Perhaps I can say it this way, sailing old designs like this is a different aesthetic that simply sailing for sailing sake. It is a different pace and a different skill set than you would expect sailing newer designs, which frankly are far better sailing boats in all quantifiable ways. But sailing old boats pull at your heart in ways no new boat can, and requires a different set of sailing skills which are challenging enough to be interesting even if you are not going very fast.
True indeed!!