SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Paulo already announced the Pogo 30, successor of the succesful 8.50. Much awaited, probably too long for many of the 30 future owners who already ordered one on plans even before the very first one was launched. Quite exceptional in the actual boat market where even strong brands such as Southerly are in difficulty .

But now the very first Pogo 30 is finally on the water and the video teaser of the test by Voiles&Voiliers is online. Apart from performance, these images also show the nice oceanic swell we like so much. And what seems like a very bad squall too…
(sorry, I cant’ find an embedded code):

Pogo 30 : digne successeur du 8,50 (teaser)

This first video confirms the impression I had the last time we were at the Structures boatyard: the 30 is very much like a 12.50 but smaller, clearly designed by the same NA bureau Finot-Conq. But I suppose the different scale also implies other solutions here and there. And I also expect them to have learned from the 12.50 to further improve this kind of design. So I much await the publication of the test itself, the extensive video and Paulo’s opinion at his return (meantime enjoy the cruise, Paulo !).

Except fast cruising, the Pogo 30 is said to be intended also for racing e.g. the Transquadra. Therefore a more performant fixed T-bulb keel is foreseen instead of the swinging keel. With the Sun Fasts and JPK’s around this should give a nice competition.

On the pure “open 40” racing scene things seem to be moving fast, also for Structures. The Pogo 40 S2 (the hull upon which the 12.50 cruiser is based), although only a few years old and certainly not unsuccessful, will already be followed by the newly designed 40 S3 next year (again Finot-Conq).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Then the Pogo 2 got a longer lifespan, a much older design but still difficult to beat in the Mini 6.50 series category. But now they are also working on a model of the future Pogo 3 (this time not Finot-Conq but Verdier as NA).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Busy guys, there in Britanny!

Best regards,

Eric
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook