SailNet Community - View Single Post - Harborless Diesel Prognosis
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013
Blue Horizons

Harborless is on a distinguished road
Re: Harborless Diesel Prognosis

Its funny because the tech had no idea that was possible. I mean if you look at it off you have no idea which way is right. We were about to give up and put in for a new engine or pop a for sale on the boat when another tech with 34a yrs experience called and asked if it had ever been rebuilt. When i said yes he said "check and see if so and so is upside down."
aparently he had like 20to years plus ago seen a ysm8 with run away problems be caused bc of this. So we pulled off the starter and fuel pump and sure enough this little pin hole was upside down. This tiny pin hole was it man i couldnt believe it. So we disconnected the hose from the exhaust and ran the engine and after a few minutes sure enough oil starts dripping, then sprayung, out the other end where only air should be coming.
if that guy didnt call this day would have been one of the worst ever. I definently caught a break. I so hope that was it and nothing else is wrong.. if it is like i said its over. For that engine at least.
but it all made sense and once corrected no oil came out so fingers crossed for next week.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook