SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Solitaire du Figaro

And it seems that only me and MrPelicano (why the hell you are a Pelicano with a dog look?) were following it. Well I still am, even with little time. They finished the first Leg in Porto and leaved already for Gijon.

The good old Yann Elies beat them all and stars like Armel le Cleach (second last vendee), Michel Desjoieaux (two times Vendee winner) or Gildas Morvan (several times France Solo champion) were only 21th 18th, 6th.

On the second leg it seems Morvan is showing why he had won so many races solo on Figaro and is leading. Nicol, 3th on the first leg is 3th now and that, if he can maintain it, will pull him on the overall classification. They give a very bad classification to Desjoieaux (25th) but I don't understand why. If the wind preview indication is right he should be among the first, even leading. We will see.

Le Figaro - La Solitaire

Finally some images from the first leg that was raced with weak winds, except on the Finisterra cape where I never found a no wind situation

Leaving for the second leg:

La Solitaire du Figaro Eric Bompard cachemire... por lasolitairedufigaro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 06-09-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook