SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yes, I had to postpone my flight a week due to unavoidable family problems.

I have a huge respect for Morvan and I never understood why he did never moved to the Open 60's. He is a great sailor. I remember a Transat where he was pursued at a short range and on the same course by Sam Davies ans Armel le Cleach for more than a week....and he maintained always about the same distance till win the race. Solid steel

Regards

Paulo
Very sorry to hear of the delay. I hope you are able to resolve the problems quickly and resume your cruising plans. Also hope that your family is all healthy and happy.

As for Morvan, given his longevity as a professional sailor, he must certainly know how to cultivate the necessry sponsor relationships necessary to move into IMOCA. Obviously, it is always about the money, but even more so with the 60's. Perhaps a different question is why not move into Classe 40? That would be the natural progression, to my mind.

To be honest, I admire all of these guys (and girls) who are pursuing their dreams racing sailboats. It is the one regret of my own life that I didn't make a similar choice when I was younger and had the opportunity. However, I can't complain too much because I have done an incredible amount of sailing / racing so far, and plan to do even more going forward.