SailNet Community - View Single Post - Information on Commodore sailboat
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013

fatcatsailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Information on Commodore sailboat

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and am pleased to see interest to the commodore 26. I have a restored my Commodore 26 from ground up including all new gelcoat top and bottom with a black hull and white waterline stripe. Anti skid on the top is tan. Updated to wheel steer etc, basically a new boat from bottom up! Last year a big improvement was the rear rail seats with drink holders.Custom made them myself. Really added room for the cockpit. The sails are from FX sails and they should still have the specs I sent them. I have offshore main and genoa, maybe 130%. My speed increased by 2 knots with there sails as the originals were all out of shape. I highly recommend FX. They got it right with this boat and are extreme quality and the lowest price I found. Edson wheel-steer was a huge improvement and gave us the big boat feel and added room to the cockpit also. Very easy to install. Bought it used. This boat is well worth the work as I have found it is rock solid hull ( half inch thick in places). I have been in very extreme conditions where all boats returned to shore and she took it with ease (double reef in the main is a must). This is a boat where you have cobwebs in your bilge area.

I have lots of tips for restoring and doing it right if anyone is still interested just let me know. I will see if I can put pictures in here as I am new. I love to talk commodore as sailing is our lifestyle here in MN 4 months out of the year. Still on the trailer now as it simply will not get over 60 degrees and stop raining.

Fair winds everyone!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook