SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Professional racers, boat designers and builders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post

Finally, a personal feeling about the Transquadra orientation of the 30’: Christian Bouroullec, the founder and actual director of Structures, winner of the 1999 Mini Transat (now Transat 6.50) on the first Pogo, seems to like racing again with his most recent babies. He crewed for the last ARC on the first Pogo 50’ (4th in real time) and especially for the last Quebec-St.-Malo race on a Pogo 40 S2 (1st). I would not be surprised to see his name on the list for the next Transquadra…
Hi Eric,

I knew about that great result on the ARC crewing a client's boat but I did not knew about the Quebec-St Malo, maybe because he was not the skipper:

Halvard MABIRE et Miranda MERRON ? Événement de voile de Québec à St-Malo | Transat Québec St-Malo

Anyway the have made a brillant job beaten the one that is now probably the best 40class racer, Joerg RIECHERS. Curiously on the Joerg boat we will find out as crew another non professional racer, this time a boat designer and as Bouroullec, a former racer: Sam Manuard the designer of the Seascape 27

TipTopToo, minitransat 6.50 et autres voiliers de croisires modernes

That's fantastic the sail passion of these guys that even had changed live still love racing and can do it still at highest level. And they are not the only ones, I would not be surprised to find there JPK too

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook