SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Chapeau! to Armel Le Cléac'h for tenaciously hanging on for the stage 2 win in the Solitaire de Figaro, finishing just 59 seconds ahead of Morgan Lagravière after more than 2 days of racing.

At the same time, Gildas Morvan has my deepest sympathy. After leading much of the way, he eventually ran into the light air that re-shuffled the deck and now looks like he will finish in 27th place. The sailing gods are cruel, that's for sure.

Meanwhile, Yann Eliés is consolidating his hold on the overall with a well fought 5th place in stage two, to go with his stage one victory. Armel moves all the way up to sixth overall, while Frédéric Duthil quietly slides into second overall, a dangerous force to be reckoned with through the remainder of the event.

I think that Paulo had mentioned never seeing light air off Finisterre but on this leg the wind was incredibly fickle, and it must have been very difficult racing under such conditions, always imagining that your competitors are in the breeze somewhere else, leaving you behind.

Of course, I would trade places with any of them right now.