SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stupid Question
Thread: Stupid Question
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013

jackdale will become famous soon enough
Re: Stupid Question

I have seen a gas valve under the sink as well.

Also this might help.

Quote:
GAS SYSTEM
There is a TAP with black knob on top of the gas bottle.
There is a TAP under the cooker.
Also in this position is the VETUS GAS DETECTOR SENSOR. Its red LED is to warn of a faulty sensor. Do not contaminate it with water, cleaning fluids, sprays, ANYTHING!
Switch in bottom L/H of the VETUS GAS DETECTOR just aft of the cooker turns it ON. LED’s indicate active switch selection. Switch in the top R/H position turns the gas valve ON Note that only ONE gas sensor is fitted. (The FAN switch is to control an extractor fan, I don’t know if this is fitted and I have requested clarification). CONT allows operation in continuous mode when crew are on-board or in intermittent mode, which saves power, for when you leave the yacht. The detector will detect combustible gasses and carbon monoxide (CO). Operation is described in the VETUS operation manual pages 16 to 18. A steady green sensor LED is normal. There are combinations of flashing LED and acoustic alarm. Green flashing and acoustic is a warning of gas. Red flashing and acoustic is an alarm. There is a TEST function which closes the gas valve, sounds the alarm (and starts the fan-if fitted) and an alert to a faulty sensor.
http://www.soyc.co.uk/Speedbird__SOY...s_20110308.pdf
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook