SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking to get first boat
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013

jmoney is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to get first boat

Thanks for all the input,

I am planning on getting a slip, yes we do have a powerful v8 (yes, I am in texas) that can more than easily tow a boat, I simply would rather have a slip for convenience reasons. My main concern with the 25s is that many that I have seen don't have push button ignition on the engine and I would prefer that if I am somehow injured or incapacitated and my fiance needs to get the motor started.

Cruising/relaxation is the purpose for our boat. Maybe one day racing, but for the immediate future, this is just about having a great way to relax each weekend.

If there is an easy way to modify the 25s to have a push button of ignition let me know, as I said I am very new to this. At the end of the month I plan on getting us up to texoma for the weekend to rent/charter a sailboat for the day so that we can get some information on slips and who may have be the local "guy" for tracking down a boat, since there is unlikely to be a broker for these cheaper models as mentioned above.

Let me know what you guys think, I really appreciate the insight everyone has given so far.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook