SailNet Community - View Single Post - Look at this – Listed as ready to sail
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013

pearsoncommander251 is on a distinguished road
Look at this – Listed as ready to sail

Is anyone honest? I’m looking for a boat for my daughter. She currently sails 420’s (intermediate). So I start the quest for a boat that I can crew with her (Interlake, flying scot, snipe, lightning, mutineer, etc), something large enough for dad but still fast and fun for my teenage daughter and son.
Boat #1 - Mutineer
So I drive three hours to see a mutineer that is listed as good shape, ready to sail. I call the owner and discuss in detail… anything wrong? Any soft floor, deck, rigging, damage etc “All good no issues” he replies. So when I arrive the very first thing I see is a 2” hole in the floor and a 5 inch crack growing out from the hole. The floor is so soft I’m scared I will fall thru.

Boat # 2 – Snipe
Listed as “ready to sail” I ask detailed questions, is the boat seaworthy and in good general condition… “Yes no issues but the floor may need some work”. I continue to ask detailed questions… so ready to sail, all equipment is in good working order no damage rigging in good condition… “Yes”. See attached pictures! And this was not the worst thing we found.
Is anyone honest?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cut.jpg (44.9 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg 20130610_183856_small.jpg (30.2 KB, 137 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook