SailNet Community - View Single Post - Look at this – Listed as ready to sail
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27

Rhapsody-NS27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Look at this – Listed as ready to sail

I was told my boat was ready to sail too. There was an end of a turnbuckle that broke during travel on the trailer. The PO said only that needed replaced and would be good. What I saw was lots of rust veins on all the standing rigging that needed replaced.

Then I see this that was on the end for the roller furling. A nice break in the connector.

There was some other cleaning that needed to be done but I still bought the boat.

Another, not so ready feature of my boat was a loose seacock for the raw water intake. The backing was wood and got soft and able to twist it by hand so that was replaced too.

Even boats that are "ready to sail", I would expect there to be some project that is necessary to get it ready.

Quote:
Aside from what it teaches you, there is simply the indescribable degree of peace that can be achieved on a sailing vessel at sea. I guess a combination of hard work and the seemingly infinite expanse of the sea - the profound solitude - that does it for me. - Billy Campbell
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook