SailNet Community - View Single Post - Passport 42 designed by Stan Huntingford
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Passport 42 designed by Stan Huntingford

For the record. The Slocum and the Passport are the same hull but with one difference. One model has a vertical rudder stock and the other has a raked rudder stock. As I recall the Slocum has the raked stock. Huntingford took the cheap and sleazy way out by selling the Slocum group the same boat he had designed for Passport. He made a slight change to the rudder stock rake so he could call it a "different" boat. This ended up causing friction between Passort and Huntingford as well it should have. Passport quit working with Huntingford.

But it's a good design in either version. I have raced against it. There was one in Seattle called Europa and it did quite well. It wasn't a real winner but it usually gave a good accounting of itself. As I recall it sailed about boat for boat racing with the Baba 40.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook