SailNet Community - View Single Post - Passport 42 designed by Stan Huntingford

View Single Post
post #16 of Old 06-11-2013
bobperry
grumpy old man

Re: Passport 42 designed by Stan Huntingford

For the record. The Slocum and the Passport are the same hull but with one difference. One model has a vertical rudder stock and the other has a raked rudder stock. As I recall the Slocum has the raked stock. Huntingford took the cheap and sleazy way out by selling the Slocum group the same boat he had designed for Passport. He made a slight change to the rudder stock rake so he could call it a "different" boat. This ended up causing friction between Passort and Huntingford as well it should have. Passport quit working with Huntingford.

But it's a good design in either version. I have raced against it. There was one in Seattle called Europa and it did quite well. It wasn't a real winner but it usually gave a good accounting of itself. As I recall it sailed about boat for boat racing with the Baba 40.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome