SailNet Community - View Single Post - VHF Protocol
Thread: VHF Protocol
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: VHF Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
It's silly, but only to those who think it unnecessary to have written, visible, positive ID somewhere on the hull of your boat - BEFORE keying up # 16 summoning help...
All USCG documented vessels are required by law to have a name and hailing port on the hull. I have never seen one that does not.

By what I see the majority of boats that ply the Maine coast, at least out of Falmouth Maine, are documented. I was just working in Falmouth this morning and it has over 1200 boats in the mooring field, mostly sail boats. From a rough count it appears less than 25% of the 1200+ boats are state registered.. That means about 75% of the 1200+ boats in Falmouth, ME are documented vessels. Any boat over 5 tons qualifies for documentation and most boats of that size I see are documented.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 06-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook