Thread: ICW Latest Info
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013
Blue Horizons

Harborless is on a distinguished road
Re: ICW Latest Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs001 View Post
Basically you can figure slack to be near high tide and low tide but after. As stated above current tables are far better for your purpose and there are current tables for Pablo Bridge. It is also good to know whether your facing an ebb or a flood and which direction each is. Current can be your friend or your enemy. Last time I went through Pablo Creek bridge we were doing over 10 knots, my wife says she saw 12Kts, which is pretty loft stuff for a 36 foot sail boat.

Today as an example there is a low at 0608 with slack at 0717. The max. ebb at 0417 is 5.2Kts and that would be against you. So you will have to get it right.
So I can figure slack will be about an hour or hour fifteen minutes after low and high?

ill def call passing boats I think. that will probably be easiest. I think my first anchorage is RIGHT before that bridge in the little cut. So I will hole up their thurs and on friday morning low tide should be at 9 am around with slack around 10:15 and a flooding current?
The anchorage is close so I will be able to watch the water and run the gauntlet in the half hour or so I should have.

If I am wrong please point out where and thanks. You are all giving me great help. These insights will be used a lifetime so thanks and sorry if I am annoying or being dense.

Last edited by Harborless; 06-11-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook