SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Hungarian sailboats: Nau 370

I have posted those videos not only because I didn't knew that in Hungary they have a strong sail activity but also because I saw among those sailboats some modern ones that I didn't recognize. A little search and BIG SURPRISE:

Look at this beauty, designed by Andrej Justin, a Slovenia NA (one that I had already mentioned about another boat) and made by Nautic, a local shipyard with lots of activity and some new beautiful boats.

look at this beauty:

low tech boats? Hummmm:

"The new model of the Nautic range which follows our philosophy: combining elegance, speed and of course comfort.
Combination of these great features created by Andrej Justin, just as before, who earned international reputation by the RC44 project.The extravagant appearance of the boat reflects the latest trends, paying attention for performance. The large cockpit and interior spaces are unique in this category.

Hull:
Hull and deck fully made of carbon-epoxy sandwich structure with AIREX PVC foam core. Main pieces is pruduced with the latest vacuum infusion technology to reach maximum strength at lowest weight. The hull gains its final stiffness by high temperature heat cure. The coating of the boat made of UV resistant isoftal based gelcoat. Hull and deck is joined by bonding and lamination.

Keel:
”T” shaped structure built up from surface coated steel frame covered by foil and fitted with a cast lead bulb in a weight of 1300 kgs encapsulated in GRP to get perfect shape and prevent corrosion. Keel structure is bonded to the hull recess and also connected by stainless steel bolts to the keelbox through the hull.

Steering:
Elliptical balance rudder with aluminum or stainless steel shaft covered by GRP foil shape. Self aligning bearings and complete steering gears provided by Jefa with a leather covered dual spoke aluminum wheel in a size of 1700 mm. This system gives a very smooth and accurate steering.

Cockpit:
A very spacious cockpit allows comfortable cruising and easy and fluent movement during racing for the crew. Four lockers help to storage auxiliary stuff. Seats and transom bridge is coverd in teak. A self draining locker can be found below helmsman’s position for general use or for life raft. At the stern a power retractable bathing platform installed with a recessed bathing ladder.

Interior:
The huge interior is available in a two cabin and three cabin versions. Interior GRP modules made of epoxy to ensure a winning combination of durability and lightweigth. GRP surfaces comes in white glossy finish equipped with wooden slats and frames for aesthetic look. Two cabin version offers a large aft cabin with much space for two persons and also a spacious front cabin for another two persons, while three cabin layout offers two standard aft cabins and a front cabin for six persons. All the cabins separated by doors from the saloon. Floorboards are made from marine plywood with white striped mahogany finish. Saloon provides two large couches comfortable for six people. The large double leaf fold down table is removable to gain maximum space. Bathroom located behind navigation table separated with door. In three cabin layout it is placed by front cabin accessible from saloon.

Galley takes place at the left of saloon right next to the companionway. L shaped section ensures easy handling of gas stove, compressor cool box and double stainless steel sink. Workbench is made of high resistance sheet. Lockers fitted for kitchen stuffs. Navigation station is at the opposite of galley, build up from a chart table, lockers for devices and a bracket for optional navigation instruments.Lighting are halogen spot lights in the ceilings for general use, and adjustable spots for reading in every cabin. Adjustable powered LED stripes installed in the saloon for oblique moodlighting."

Have a good look at the boat, a very nice one:

Nautic Boat - Nautic Boat - Nautic 370

except for a lousy galley and (in that boat) no true head?
I like almost everything about the boat, with the exception of the interior points I mentioned and the quality seems okay.
This seems to be much of a custom boat so it should not be difficult to get a decent cruising interior.

Technical data of the NAU 370 RUN:

Overall length: 10.990 m
​​Waterline Length: 10.485 m
Overall width: 3.460
Height: 1900 mm
Draft - lake / sea: 1.95m/2.45 m
Keel: 1600 kg
Total weight carbon 4000 kg

It can also be made in fiberglass and in that case it will weight more 600kg

Should be very fast and stiff, specially with the deep draft. It seems that it is not only the Polish that are making great sailboats

And it is not the only one. that was the one that caught my attention on the movie: 44ft racer by the same NA:

Yes the movie sucks but the boat has only 3000kg and that's a 44fter

Have a look here:

Nautic Boat - Nautic Boat - Nautic 12 Racer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 06-12-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook