SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dragonfly 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
While I'm a big fan of the racing multis, when it comes to cruising I tend to view muiltihulls as boats for those who prefer not to hold their wine glass while underway.

On the other hand, if you want (have) to go cruising with a wife / family that prefers all the comforts of shore-based living, including the pets, then perhaps it is the perfect solution.

For me, I can't see myself cruising in a multihull. It just wouldn't feel right.

Still beautiful to look at, however.
And in what I hope would be my last post for some time let me say to Mr Pelicano that I disagree. If not for the price I would love to have one of these:

The monohull is a Pogo 50 and it made 4th overall in the last ARC among 300 sailboats beating many racer cruisers much bigger. well, there was not a Dragonfly 32 making that Transat otherwise it would have ashamed a lot of boats, multihulls and monohulls alike.

To be true I would have preferred the Dragonfly 35 but the 32 as such a smart and good quality interior that I would not mind to cruise in one, quite the contrary.

The 35:

In fact the 32 is a superior design and the detail of the stairs sliding around to give access to the back cabin or to allow space to work on the galley is just a great design, as the location of the refrigerator. The diference in interior space is not what one would expect between a 32 and a 35ft boat.

By the way I visited the boat in Dusseldorf and the guy from the shipyard was making fun of me because I could not find the refrigerator. Yes It has one and a very big one for a 32ft boat and yes, I could not find the dam thing without the him telling me where to look. Of course my wife is not of the same opinion in what regards interior space, so that ends up dreaming of having one

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 06-11-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook