SailNet Community - View Single Post - Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Jeff.. there is a triangular section (widest at top) that looks like a balancing tab on the new rudder.. whether it proves to be adequate will quickly be discovered upon launch.
Ron,

Thank you for your comment. I had noticed that there was some counter-balancing on the upper rudder.

My comments were not intended to imply that the items that I mentioned had not been done as a part of the work. My post was trying to suggest that Keforian explain how he handled these items so that other SJ owners who were considering a similar modification could understand what his thought process was and how he engineered some of these trickier items so that they could work those ideas into their thinking.

Further up the tread (post 115), there is another example of an SJ with a partial skeg and post hung rudder that was a lot closer in design to standard practice so I also thought it would be helpful to understand why keforian chose the geometry that he did.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies

Last edited by Jeff_H; 06-12-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook