SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Hart:
My point was I think the opposite. The clipper bow profile was seen as aesthetically acceptable for probably the reason you cite, i.e. the speed of the clipper ships. Good call on that. It handn't occurred to me. It was the spoon bow that the old timers saw as ugly. Funny in that we see a spoon bow like a Concordfia yawl and to my eye at least it looks beautiful.

Out:
We cabn make this thread last as long as there are people asking questions about design. I'm not going anywhere. I got an invite this morning from the ORACLE AC team for an all expense paid trip to SF to be their guest at the ORACLE camp with a potential ride on a chase boat to watch the big cat sail. I said thanks but I'd rather stay here on the beach and walk my dogs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to bobperry For This Useful Post:
Amazing Grace (06-18-2013)