Re: Contest/Game - Identify this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Monserrat....

Yes! Well done!
You had the idea in your first post you had the idea and its in your signature:
Quote:
from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat
The reason why there are no photos of this area, nor cruiser visits is there has been a 2NM exclusion zone around Plymouth, Montserrat since the volcano erupted.
Now this has been changed, while its quiet, and during daylight hours boats can transit through, but not stop, the zone.

We were told by the head Volcanologist that we could go to 100 meters from the pier. So we did!

It was a pretty rainy day but I could feel the ash in my eyes and it was a bit weird when we were directly downwind.

In one of the hints I said the pier was in use. This is so! Sand mining of the ash is underway at the edge of town and the trucks run it down to the wharf and load ships there. I guess the money for the government is so important.

So next time in the area check if you are allowed to and head close into Plymouth, maybe on a clearer day, and have a good look.

OK, Faster, your go

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook