SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tankless Water Heater, CNG?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Tankless Water Heater, CNG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Now I don't want to be spreading miss information, but I contacted Precision Temp about the ShowerMate M-550. I specifically asked if it was ABYC approved and they said yes it is. He did not provide any documentation at all though. I do know they are not legal at all in Canada on boats.

Another option would be a hydronic heater and they offer a heat loop for the hot water but they run on diesel. It is kind of pricey.
The last time I looked into a Precision Temp they were not "sealed combustion". In order to meet ABYC standards they must be sealed combustion.

Perhaps they've added one to the line up but the web site does not show it... As far as I know these are exhaust only to exterior of vessel not exhaust & intake to/from exterior....

This is what the manual for the Showermate M-550 "marine" unit says..

"At least 20 square inches of incoming air is necessary and the power vent of the unit should always be vented to the outside with 2” approved duct."

That is not sealed combustion. The ABYC standards are not difficult to read or understand but apparently PT missed the part about it needing to be sealed combustion for use on boats...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 06-13-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook