SailNet Community - View Single Post - ICW Latest Info
Thread: ICW Latest Info
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: ICW Latest Info

You know, advance planning is good and all that, but it seems to me you are over-analyzing all this, bigtime... No need to make it more complicated than it is, or be relying on just the right smartphone apps, or whatever... I'd suggest ignoring them for the time being, guesstimating this stuff on your own using times of high and low water will give you a far better understanding of how all this works, in the long run...

As I said in another reply to you months ago, if you hit the ICW/St John's River junction on the flood or near High Water at Mayport, you will ride a very favorable current into the landcut thru Palm Valley... Then, by the time you reach the Tolomato River, you should begin to pick up the ebb out of St Augustine Inlet, and have a nice ride down to there...

Rinse, and repeat... Leave St Augustine on the flood, passing Matanzas Inlet near HW, and at some point you will again pick up the ebb out of Ponce Inlet, and get a nice boost down towards Daytona/New Smyrna... Ride the flood again leaving NS, and you'll get a nice push out into Mosquito Lagoon...

And so on...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook