SailNet Community - View Single Post - CDI Furler Halyard is Getting Stuck
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013

caberg is on a distinguished road
Re: CDI Furler Halyard is Getting Stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzarac View Post
Caberg, I'm assuming on your 26 you are using the CDI FF2 and are referring to the internal halyard. If so, take a close look at the furler luff. Is there any twist or bend? If so that is where your problem lies. I just replaced mine this spring because it was so distorted from 16 years in the desert sun I could no longer move the carrier through the channel without a hammer and screw driver to assist in the operation. Here you can see the new one compared to the old side by side:
Yes, I am almost positive it is the FF2 and it does have an internal halyard. Without looking directly at the luff right now, I would not say it has any large "twists" or "bends" but it's also not straight as an arrow.

How much did a new luff cost and how hard was it to change it out?

I'd love to get another season out of it since I'm late on getting the boat in the water as it is, and once the genoa is up, I'm all set. Can you elaborate on "using a hammer and screw driver to assist in the operation"? Again, I'm not looking right at the luff, but how do you assist the halyard moving internally?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook