SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji

debbie, you are absolutely coorect- it is YOUR RIGHT to post on a public forum... just as it is OUR RIGHT to reply. (Did the capitals add emphasis, make my point any stronger or display the amazing power of my intellect. Nope. Didn't work for yours either.) The people replying here, debbie, aren't "hating"- they are providing you with the benefit of their experience and knowledge.
The fact that you don't like the advice doesn't make it any less valid.
That advice was given in the hopes of, believe it or not, helping you. Maybe a change in your approach might change the results of your crew search?
Instead, here you are, months later, still looking for crew who will also pay for passage.

As rockDAWG will attest, being a frequent delivery crewperson- the standard is that, in return for crewing, meals are provided by the skipper, and airfare for the flight home is a frequent custom.

Experience delivery crew understand that this is the rules of the game, and anybody who expects temp crew to pay their own way shows their inexperience- which will make good help wary.

Please take this advice in the spirit in which it is offered- like everyone else here, I am trying to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to bljones For This Useful Post:
rockDAWG (06-13-2013)